RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Welcome to the GT Forum. Posts here are to help with issues and questions related to your Guzzi & GT products - However, always use the Search feature first, as most topics have been well covered. Please see our store tab above; Off-site hyperlinks for competing products/companies will be deleted. Note we are still largely a one man operation; We are NOT Amazon, so do not expect that level of service. Orders can take a week or more to ship, and PLEASE refrain from using the Contact form here to ask about your order status OR questions best posted to the Forum. If you must reach out, reply on the actual order email with number. Refunds can take 5-45 days after processed in our system... we have no control over this. We cannot offer personal support to your questions, problems or issues unless related to a product you bought from us here. NO phone calls can be made - please do not ask. We are online ONLY. Thank you for your understanding and business, past and future. In SoCal? Visit GTMotocycles.com for all of your Service needs, or click the Service tab above.

North Georgia TAG ride

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by WayneOrwig, Oct 15, 2011.

1. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

This North Georgia tag ride is on going. Here is the plan.

1) You will look at the clues for the last location posted. You must travel to that location, then travel to a new location. Get photos (OR A GOOD DESCRIPTION) of the old and new locations with your bike.

2) Come here and post info on the last location, proving you found it. You then post the info on the NEW location (You must use a good description. This is for interesting rides, not a contest. )

3) Go to the bottom of this page and click the SUBSCRIBE button. You will get an email when there is activity on this thread and you will then know that a new tag location may be up.

Rules:
    Stay within 100 miles of Atlanta so more people have time to try to do it. You can go farther IF you have arranged for someone to find it and bring it back to the area. I will 'void' anything that is going to stall the game out.

Make the new location fun to find, but not overly difficult. As noted, I will 'void' anything that stalls out the game.

Avoid gravel/dirt roads and avoid high traffic (stay outside the perimeter). Avoid places that you need to pay just to get a photo (Stone mountain, Amicalola falls, etc).

Photos are preferred so nobody questions that you really were on a motorcycle. Even a cell phone photo is fine. Not having a camera is NOT an excuse. Just give a better description of the 'from' location and a good description of the 'to' location that proves you found the spots.

Keep it interesting, but don't make it TOO difficult, to find the new spot.

If you go to a site, find it and get a photo, then go to a new site and get a photo, then come home to find that someone has already moved the cache site, too bad. So be quick.

A photo of a Guzzi with an interesting view is a plus, but any motorcycle/scooter is allowed. Group rides are good.

Try not to repeat locations. See the attached Google map for where we have been.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204 ... 8,5.795288

NOTES:
    You WILL need to sign up on the Google maps site to edit it. I will try to keep it current, but I don't promise it.

2. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

When we left off, long long ago, Russ had moved the tag to a mill. I found it here, in Juliette Georgia. The mill is now the home of a motorcycle museum (with limited hours). Right beside the Whistlestop Cafe, home of the fried green tomatoes. I don't like green tomatoes, but they make a good cheeseburger...

I forgot to include the bike in the shot. This should be easy to find.

Attached Files:

3. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan High Miler GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Ooh Ooh ... I know where it is! Unfortunately, I know where I is, too. Milan. Illinois. Shix. :S

Wish I could play.

Will be back for Thanksgiving, but company will keep me tethered to house. Hope to play sometime on one of my visits in the spring.

Y'all have fun.

Bill

4. gt928

gt928 Tuned and Synch'ed

Took a ride today. Among the places I passed was Booger Hollow Citgo Store. See pic. Took a long ride, see second pic and find it.

Gary

Attached Files:

5. V700Steve

V700Steve Cruisin' Guzzisti

Yea Gary, seems like I saw you today, I didn't find it but did get the hint, ended up on alot of roads, had fun out riding on my day off. Thanks Wayne.

6. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

I'll never get that one figured out without more hints.
    Looks like you have some serious storage on that bike. :shock:

7. guzziknight

guzziknight Tuned and Synch'ed

Yeah Gary, we need a little hint...

8. gt928

gt928 Tuned and Synch'ed

First clue:

On a state road in NGA, as you pass by it is in your face and I doubt you will ever pass at more than 20 mph.

9. gt928

gt928 Tuned and Synch'ed

Second Clue:

I spent 5 1/2 hours on my round trip between Roswell and Booger Hollow yesterday. My circuitous route took me by this historic building constructed in 1916.

10. Bill Hagan

I know! I know! :lol:

But, shix, I'm in Milan. :eek:hmy:

Send $ to my paypal account and I'll divulge. ;)

Gary, I will PM you to prove I know.

Bill

11. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

Google is my friend.
    Funny, the Google photos have the name on the building.

12. gt928

gt928 Tuned and Synch'ed

I don't know when, but the name has been removed.

13. guzziknight

I still have no clue!! :evil:

14. gt928

gt928 Tuned and Synch'ed

Third Clue: A little more of the pic might help. BTW Bill Hagan got the location.

Attached Files:

15. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

I'll be away this weekend. Anyone going to try?

16. guzziknight

Might try Monday, but still can't figure this one out...

17. gt928

gt928 Tuned and Synch'ed

Fourth Clue:

From this place, a famous Georgia product has been shipped to the nation's capital and many other US and International destinations.

18. WayneOrwig

WayneOrwig GT Reference

Come on Yaniv, this is a lot easier then the one you did about a wrestler last year.

19. Bill Hagan

Look at the bright side, Yaniv; you don't have to go here -- as I did today in Minnesota -- to find it.

I've decided that the Norge is pretty darn good on gravel and dirt ... but I don't like it as well as it does.

Bill

Attached Files:

20. guzziknight

OK, I finally figured it out. Planning on getting it tomorrow, Tuesday, unless someone else already got it...